Nematology Research Associate
Pheronym is a start-up developing nematode pheromones for eco-friendly insect and nematode pest control.
Pheronym is seeking a candidate with broad experience in Nematology to join our team in Davis, CA starting July 8, 2020. If you are passionate about agricultural research and want to contribute to the future of farming, we encourage you to apply.
- Production and maintenance of various nematode cultures.
- Maintain host plants in lab/Greenhouse for colony and testing needs.
- Contribute to developing techniques in rearing new species.
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to help in insect/nematode management research.
- Interfacing with researchers, and having strong customer focus, and time management skills.
- Conducting experiments in laboratories, growth chambers, and greenhouses.
- Writing SOPs, troubleshooting nematode colony issues, colony data collection, and presenting summaries of technical results.
- Developing and implementing safety practices to ensure safety in the work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with nematode (both insect- and plant-parasitic nematode) rearing and performing laboratory bioassays is a plus.
- Bachelors in Nematology/Entomology/Biological Sciences or related area.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Self-motivated, organized researcher, and supporting company objectives.
- Strong record of accomplishment and reliability to deliver superior results.
- Nematode rearing experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, manage and prioritize activities, to identify and rapidly resolve problems is necessary for success.
- Organizational skills that allow for handling multiple tasks simultaneously are necessary.
- Knowledge of Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) permitting and biological compliance.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to meet the needs of customers is critical.
- Masters in Entomology/Biological Sciences or related area.
- Hands-on experience rearing economically important nematodes.
- Understanding of pest management practices
Send resume and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org